With any mobile app, it’s important to understand all the different ways to market your app. During the marketing process you’ll want to keep this term in mind: App Store Optimization (or ASO for short).
The goal of ASO is to drive more traffic to your app’s page in the App Store, so those searching can do what you want them to - find and download your app!
ASO is based off of how many downloads/ratings your app has, so there are a few easy things to do to improve your search optimization:
- Market your app everywhere so you continue to get downloads!
- Rate your own app and write a review!
- Encourage your clients that if they find your app useful to also write a review.
- Get your close family and friends to rate and write a review!
We'll get you started - follow these steps to learn how to rate your app:
Apple App Store
- Go to the Apple App Store on your Apple device.
- Search for the app you want to rate using the search field (You need to be logged in to write a review for the app and you may be prompted to enter in your Apple ID details.)
- Navigate to the detail screen for the app.
- Scroll down the page to the Ratings & Reviews section.
- Tap the Write a Review button.
- Tap Send to save your review.
Google Play App Store
- Tap My apps & games.
- Scroll down the list of Installed apps.
- Tap the app you wish to rate.
- Swipe up to scroll down past the app listing's screenshots. ...
- Tap the star rating you wish to give the app.
- The full review window will pop up. ...
- Tap Submit to save your review.
Keep in Mind:
- As your app begins to rank higher and gain more reviews, more people will download it.
- ASO takes time - your app won’t climb to the top overnight, but eventually it will be there!