With any mobile app, it’s important to understand all the different ways to market your app. During the marketing process you’ll want to keep this term in mind: App Store Optimization (or ASO for short).
The goal of ASO is to drive more traffic to your app’s page in the App Store, so those searching can do what you want them to - find and download your app!
ASO is based off of how many downloads/ratings your app has, so there are a few easy things to do to improve your search optimization:
- Market your app everywhere so you continue to get downloads!
- Rate your own app and write a review!
- Encourage your clients that if they find your app useful to also write a review.
- Get your close family and friends to rate and write a review!
We'll get you started - follow these steps to learn how to rate your app:
Step 1 - Open your app
Step 2 - Tap the top left menu bar
Step 3 - Tap Account Settings
Step 4 - Tap Rate this App
Step 5 - Tap Positive and you're all done!
Keep in Mind:
- As your app begins to rank higher and gain more reviews, more people will download it. Changing the app name can make it difficult for it gain traffic.
- ASO takes time - your app won’t climb to the top overnight, but eventually it will be there!