After the user has created a Saved Search, they can then chose to be notified by push and/or email when one of the following occurs:
- A favorited listing changes price.
- A favorited listing changes status. (Active to Pending, Pending to Sold, Pending to Active)
- Updates to your Saved Searches. Such as the following:
Push Notifications are messages that pop up on a mobile device alerting the user about recent activity within your app. It is a great way to speak directly to your user. Push notifications don't get caught in spam filters, or forgotten in an inbox — click-through rates can be twice as high as email. They can also remind users to use your app, whether the app is open or not. They show up on both the Lock Screen and/or Home Screen, see below.
- From the lock screen on your phone, a banner will appear notifying the user if one of 3 items above occur. To view the notification inside your app, simply slide the banner to the right. This will automatically...
- Take you to the Detail View of the listing inside of your app.
- If you are on the home screen of your phone and you receive a notification, you will see a red dot with the number of notifications on the corner of your app icon.
- When you open your app, select the menu icon in the upper left corner. Select the Notifications tab to view your 25 most recent.
- From here, you can view which listings were added or changed status and even delete notifications you have already viewed (tap the 'x' on the right). An unviewed notification will appear with a blue dot in the right hand corner. Once it has been viewed, the blue dot will disappear.
Email Notifications are messages that are sent to the user's email inbox alerting them about recent activity within your app. When there is a price change, status change, or an update to a Saved Search, the user will receive an email! When the user opens the email, they will be able to view the notification. There will be a button at the bottom of the email that will link the user to your app.