Your app icon is the first look your clients and leads see when they download your app in the App Store.
- Keep it simple and clear.
- Recognizability. Keep it in line with your branding. If you have a logo you may need to modify to fit in a square. Also the edges are rounded so have generous margins.
- If you use font, make it BOLD. All capitals are also a good idea to make sure the icon is legible on a mobile device.
- Use little to no words. Symbols are best. Keep in mind you get up to 15 characters underneath the app icon (see below).
- Scalability. Invision the icon at 1x1 inch on a mobile device all the way sized up to be printed on a top sign rider.
Please note the sized required for an app icon is 1024X1024 pixels for upload in PNG file format. Anything less than 1024X1024 will be pixelated and blurry if printed and enlarged on marketing pieces.
Also it is important to brand the app depending whether it is a Personal/Team app versus a Farm Area app.
Personal app icons
We suggest using your headshot or logo. Same goes for Teams or Groups, use you logo or a team photo.
Farm Area app icons
We suggest using a photo that represents your area with limited text that is bold and distinct.
Need more help! No problem we can create you a customized personal app icon (fees do apply). Please talk to your Sales Rep or email email@example.com for more information.
Or if you are up for the challenge of creating your own app icon and don't have photoshop skills but want something simple, maybe a photo with some text, we recommend a FREE website that is easy to use called canva.com (all great for making marketing pieces like flyers, postcards, etc)