Deliver personalized push notifications directly to your users’ iOS and Android devices. You can send a “one-off” birthday wish to a loyal client, or send an exclusive, never before seen virtual tour to your entire user base. The opportunities are endless; here are some of our favorite ways to use the new feature:
- Share your open house and a link to your open house!
- Share a blog article and give constant value, ie: Top 5 Kitchen Remodel Ideas.
- Video – Video – Video. Add a link to a Facebook Live event or a virtual tour of an exclusive listing!
- Give a shout out to your vendors and their services! Interest rates are at an all-time low, link your users to your Mortgage Pro.
Note: This feature used to be called 'Alert' in the dashboard and still says Alert in the video. It has since been renamed 'Push notifications'. This feature is included in our Pro and Enterprise plans. If you are on a different plan and are interested in adding this feature, please reach out to email@example.com.
HOW TO SEND A PUSH NOTIFICATION
- Login to your Agent Dashboard.
- Click on 'Push Notifications' on the left hand side.
- Click on 'Send notification' on the top right.
- Select one of the following to send the Push Notification to:
- Users with Specific Tags
- All users
- Title and Sub-title are required. Each require 10 characters minimum and 140 maximum.
- Choose the Type you wish to send from the drop down:
- URL - Section will show for you to paste in the URL.
- Listing - Start typing in the listing address to select it from the database. Note: Listing must be active in the MLS.
- Text - Blank box will populate for you to add a personalized message.
- Once all information is put in, click on 'Send notification'.
How do I know if I am on a Pro Account?
Log into your HomeStack Dashboard and you’ll see a tab that says Alerts. If you do not see it and are interested in upgrading, give us a shout!
Is there a cap on how many I can send?
No, but keep in mind if you’re abusing the notifications, it will result in your app users turning notifications off. Make sure your content is well thought out and used appropriately.
What if my client has push notifications turned off or only have email notifications on?
They’ll never miss a message! Although it may not be a “push notification” if they have them turned off, each notification will be inside their alerts tab in the app.